SipUnit 2.0 Released
CafeSip and TeleStax are pleased to announce the public release of SipUnit 2.0.0. SipUnit provides a test environment geared toward unit testing SIP applications. It extends the JUnit test framework to incorporate SIP-specific assertions, and it provides a high-level API for performing the SIP operations needed to interact with or invoke a test target.
This is a stable release with technology updates, new functionality and extensive testing performed. Feedback from the development community is encouraged for further enhancing the system. In addition, we are pleased to announce that SipUnit has a new leadership, TeleStax, Inc as well as a new home.
The project will be led by George Vagenas, a longtime contributor and core team member to Mobicents and TeleStax, and who is already leading the CDI Telco Framework and SIP Servlets Arquillian extension projects. The SipUnit source code and documentation is now living at http://code.google.com/p/commtesting/wiki/SipUnit.
The following are the highlights of the release. Thanks to George Vagenas for his recent major contributions to SipUnit and also to S. Pitucha for contributing patches.
* MESSAGE handling has been added, including support for authentication and MESSAGE with or without an existing dialog.
* JUnit 4 support was added with static assertions in new SipAssert class.
* SipUnit is now mavenized!
* Convenience methods were added to get the contact URI as javax.sip.address.URI from SipContact, the call ID from SipCall, and retransmission count from SipStack. Also, support was added for deregistration using wildcard Contact Header and a new waitForAuthorisation() method for when the far end should send 401 or 407.
* TLS support has been verified.
* JAIN SIP stack was updated.