Sencha has announced the release of Sencha Test 2.0, a comprehensive unit and end-to-end functional testing solution for Ext JS apps. In addition, Sencha released its Web Application Testing Maturity Model, specifically designed to guide organizations through the evolution from manual to automated testing as they adopt web application testing in their software development lifecycle.
Sencha Test 2.0 key capabilities include:
* Deeper integration with Ext JS. Increased API-level awareness ensures that changes in the application and underlying Ext JS framework don’t compromise existing tests.
* Ability to test dynamic nature of Ext JS. Unique target element locator strategies will help developers boost the effectiveness of their tests by avoiding the use of dynamic IDs generated by Ext JS.
* Integrates WebDriver for testing multi-page applications.
* Faster test creation. Improved user experience and enhanced event recorder enable the automatic creation and execution of tests.
* Cross-browser simultaneous test execution. Apps can now be tested simultaneously across multiple browsers to safeguard quality.
Sencha also announced its Web Application Testing Maturity Model — a guide to success for companies introducing web application testing in their software development lifecycle. The process begins by assessing a company’s current testing strategy and future goals. Through a series of questions and regular “health checks,” the Web Application Testing Maturity Model helps organizations determine the steps needed to meet their test automation and ROI goals.